Can you imagine how long a tree can grow until you can start reaping its fruits? I am a farmer and I know how it takes to wait.
Plant According to Plan
Picking a choice of what plant you are going to sow depends on your plan. I would like to invite you to walk with me in the rural life area where I spent several years of my life.
We survived through the use of slash and burn system in the upland areas. We use to call this “kaingin” wherein we cut the trees and clean everything from the virgin forest or open forest, leave it there for several weeks to completely dry and then burn it, so the fire will consume all that it can reach over the intended area.
After burning the following days we have to clean whatever is left and then wait for the first rain to come and then plant it with grains.
First Cropping- is the rice grains-we usually use the variety that can wrestle with the pests and it does not need fertilizers and that kind usually last for four months until the harvest time. This usually falls from September to October.
Second Cropping- after harvesting the rice we have to clean to be planted with vegetables usually beans, monggo, peanut and others that would last for another four months. So we plant vegetable in November or on the first week of December and be harvested at the end of February or March.
Then the cycle goes on and repeated. After five to six years we vacate the area to give the chance for the soil to restore its declined fertility. Why? For the duration of five to six years harvest is no longer productive as when the soil it was newly opened. The rice stalks become smaller and smaller every time it’s planted repeatedly, even the vegetables.
The first plan, if you think for only short time crops then it is what you will always plant. But don’t you know that our life is from hand to mouth existence? Yes, because “kaingin“ is not like watered ricefields that are vast and you can harvest hundreds of sacks of rice. In the “kaingin” it is just for family sustenance and that is enough. Sometimes not even the harvest is enough until the next harvest time.
Before the fifth and sixth year comes when the soil is no longer productive, what other options would you do as a farmer to utilize the area as the soil is laid fallow.
The second plan, fruit trees like oranges, mangoes, jackfruit, and rambutan can grow at the same duration for about six years to start bearing fruits. So alternate cropping system can be done. During the first cropping of rice seedling of fruit trees should be planted.
Since rice and vegetables are harvested every four months the trees are being taken cared until they grow within the span of six years.
So what happened to me, the farmer?
I have utilized the whole six years span by having the short-range cropping while waiting for the trees to grow and eventually bear fruits.
During my activity in five croppings for the rice and five croppings for vegetables, I have laid a long-range plan by planting fruit tree seedlings. Now, the soil is no longer capable of producing vegetables and rice it is time for me to start harvesting the first fruits of the trees I planted.
Yes, I have pictured an example of a plan through a tree seedling that bears fruit for around six years but there are trees that could bear fruit in a shorter time, and these are the trees in the new agricultural technology.
Marcotted and grafted trees are examples:
Your Authority Website as a Branded Tree
Just like an agriculturist you can choose which kind of tree you are going to produce whether it be for three years or for six years but the essence of our discussion is not just producing a tree, it is the waiting attitude of the farmer.
For several times I reminded my father to plant fruit trees in his “kaingin“ but like any other farmers, they opt for the immediate consumption so they wanted just the rice and vegetables forgetting the fact that soil fertility declines.
After six years they have to open another area that could produce for the short term croppings and the area they used for the last six years have to be vacated without any production.
Building an authority website is likened to the two types of trees, a marcotted and grafted or the seedling planted naturally.
Due to survival, we wanted immediate results from our sites but in most cases when we are newbies in the affiliate marketing system we cannot produce as early as we wanted.
But let us take into consideration the seedlings we planted there will come a time that it will produce fruits however we have to do some cleaning taking off the vines that may surround and suffocate the seedling into becoming a tree. When the tree is full grown it can resist all the pressures around and just go on bearing fruit and what you will do is just to wait for the time of harvest.
According to the experienced affiliate marketer, the co-owner of Wealthy Affiliate Kyle a long-term online business can be possible in the following span of time:
What a LONG TERM Business Looks Like Online
MONTH 1: Accomplishments
- Website Set Up
- SEO Set-up
- Initial Framework of Content
- Indexed in Google, Bing, Yahoo
- You have 5-10 posts on your website
- Earning Potential: A few sales, just getting your business foundation started
MONTH 3: Accomplishments
- Content Starting to Get Ranked
- Experience Some Big Breakthroughs in Search
- Have Made Your First Sale or Two
- Traffic is Cumulatively Starting to Grow
- Search Engines are starting to give your site “authority”
- You have 30-60 posts on your website
- Earning Potential:$0-$500 per month
**Note: It took me 3 months to make my first sale online. Here I am 15 years later full time online, if I quit in the first month I would have never gotten to experience of lifelong and very fruitful business online. There is something to be said about being patient and not expecting “instant” success in business.
MONTH 6: Accomplishments
- Traffic is starting to flow, ideally 100 uniques per day
- Sales start to increase with consistency, several per weeks
- You are truly starting to gain some expertise and brand
- Bing/Yahoo start indexing your site at a higher rate
- Engagement on your site starts to increase
- You have 60-100 posts on your site
- Earning Potential: $500-$3,000 per month
- Traffic is really starting ramp up. You can expect 500+ unique per day
- Google is granting your site with some serious authority
- Companies and other blogger start to reach out and connect with you
- You are making WA sales and other affiliate sales daily
- The Vegas Super Affiliate Conference is in your sites
- You have 100-150 posts on your website
- Earning Potential:$3,000-$10,000 per month
- Your business is truly starting to thrive
- You are definitely a noticeable force in the search engine world. Google ranks your new content with 24 hours of it being posted.
- You are earning a full-time income online
- Vegas is yours, you have most definitely made it
- You have 200-300 posts on your site
- Earning Potential: $10,000-$20,000 per month
- You are a brand/authority in the industry
- You have a full time+ business online, likely 6 figures plus annually
- Google, Bing & Yahoo love you
- You are taking earnings and spending it to drive your business through paid channels
- You likely have made several hires, including writers, design help, and a virtual assistant
- You made Vegas in the first 1-2 months of the year (with your sites on the 3,000 sales)
- You are in a position to double your business annually
- Earning Potential: $10,000-$50,000 per month
So being a farmer I have to bear in mind that the tree I am expecting is not an overnight process but it takes time. I don’t want to surrender after investing all my time, effort and hope in what I’ve started. I have to pursue until the point that I would reap the harvest of what I’ve laid from the start to the 6th or 7th year. The year when the tree bears fruit.
So with a site, it is not like a plugin to be activated and in a moment it will produce money. This is how the scammers think to lure people to their own tricks. Do not believe them and don’t fall for their immoral acts. We want to be honest in our dealings with people because in honesty we will gain the trust of whom we serve.
Do you want to start your online business? Start with the right attitude and start with the trusted domain registrar and a website host. Start your website here.
Once you become a premium member you will access all the awesome education through the course and training from the community and direct assistance from the co-owners themselves.
Your decision matters in the crafting of a future through your own design. Let’s meet there.