2 Slice Sandwich Toaster
Power: 640 Watt
Voltage: 220 volts
Made in China
Know Your Sandwich Toaster
- Appliance Body
- Power On Light
- Ready Light
- Handle Clip
- Baking Plates
- Cool-touch housing and handle
- Sandwich baking plates
- Stand upright for compact storage and space-saving.
- Non-stick coated cooking plate for easy cleaning
- Skid-resistant footing
- Power on & ready lights
- Cord-wrap for storage
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be taken, including the following:
- Read all the instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knots only.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plugs or cooking unit in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Unplug from the outlet and allow it to cool before cleaning or storing the appliance.
- do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair for electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer may cause hazards.
- Do not use outdoors
- do not let cord hang over the edge of table or counter, or touch surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or liquids.
- To disconnect, remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
- When using for the first time, clean the surface of the platens with a damp cloth, and wipe dry. Then smear the platen with butter, margarine or cooking oil.
- Plug the sandwich toaster into a 220 volt A.C. power point, and ensure that the indicator light (red) comes on, signaling that power is available.
- Close the sandwich toaster and prepare a sandwich while the appliance is heating.
- When the sandwich toaster is ready (after about 5 minutes) the indicator light (green) will extinguish.
- Fully open the sandwich toaster. Place a slice of bread in the bottom half with the buttered side against the platen.
- Fill the sandwich with desired ingredients pressing the bottom half into the platen.
- Place on the top slice of bread, with buttered side-up and carefully close the two parts of the appliance together. Do not force shut, steam will be ejected between the platens whilst doing this, so care must be taken to ensure that fingers do not get burnt.
NOTE: During toasting the indicator light will cycle “on and off” while the thermostat keeps the sandwich toaster at the right temperature.
- Your sandwich will be ready in 2-3 minutes, or longer to suit your taste.
- Open the sandwich toaster and remove the sandwich, using a plastic or wooden spatula. Never use a metal knife ad this may damage the non-stick coating.
- Close the lid to preserve the heat until ready to toast the next sandwiches.
- Prepare further sandwiches if required whilst one is cooking.
- After use, remove the plug from the wall socket.
Hints for Best Results
Always preheat before use. Plug cord into power while preparing the fillings. For soft or liquid sandwich fillings use medium sliced bread, white or brown. If small amounts of filling use toasting bread. Flavored butter may also be used.
For added flavor use bacon dripping. Brush dripping outside of the bread.
Suggested garnishes for savory sandwiches are lettuce, parsley, mint, cress, stuffed olive halves, onion, tomato, etc.
A teaspoon of sugar sprinkled on the outside makes toasted sandwiches crisper (especially with fruit fillings).
There are many combinations of ingredients you can put inside 2 slices of bread, but for something a little different why not try pre-rolled puff pastry sheets cut down to sandwich size or pita bread.
Always place the buttered side against the platen. Butter is not necessary inside the sandwich but will, of course, enhance the flavor if added. You could also try other spreads in your sandwich such as pates, pastes, savory sauces, mustards, chutneys, etc.
Here are a few suggested sandwich fillings to start you off:
Cheese and Asparagus
Bacon and tomato
Pate and Scrambled egg
Cheese and Tomato
Bacon and Marmalade
Salami and Tomato
Ham and Pineapple
Beans and Bacon
Scrambled Egg and Tinned Prawns
Peanut Butter and Bacon
Pate and Ham
After use and before cleaning, remove the plug and wait for the toaster to cool. Wipe the inside and edges of the platen with absorbent paper toweling or a soft cloth.
Should any fillings be difficult to remove pour a little cooking oil onto the platen and wipe off after 5 minutes when the food had softened.
Wipe the outside with only a slightly moistened cloth ensuring that no moisture, oil or grease enter the appliance.
Do not clean the inside or outside with any abrasive scouring pad or steel wool as this will damage the finish.
DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER OR ANY LIQUID.
This brand and model is solidly made. You can feel and see it. If you cannot find this model you can have any other model as long as it’s Kyowa.
If still, you cannot find the Kyowa brand, try the other brand below. I see that they have the same features as being Non-Stick Coating Easy Clean,2 Slice,750W, Stainless Steel.
The common features of these sandwich toaster are the portability. You can enjoy and have fond of your favorite sandwiches wherever you are, with your family and friends.